Monday, November 26, 2012

Satisfied



Satisfied

Copyright Eric Robbins November 21 2012

By the sweat of my Father,                                                        C             Cmaj9   Am                       
And the tears of my mother,                                                     C             Cmaj9    Am
I got no call to be faulting the weather,                                   C             Cmaj9    Am
I’m satisfied…                                                                                G
See those leaves blowing one way,
And that crow flies another.
As long as the two of us are together,
I’m satisfied…

(Chorus) How could I ask for more than I’ve got,                 G            F             C             G           
When each day begins with you?                                              C             F             G
I got my head up in the stars,                                                    G            F             C             G
My feet in the morning dew, and I’ve got you…                    C             F             G            C

The wind blows the world ‘round,
From the treetops and the whitecaps,
But warmed by the fireplace and held in your arms
I’m satisfied…
When I know that you’re coming home,
I’m waiting by the front steps.
We hold each other safe from any harm,
I’m satisfied…

Got a roof to hold the snowfall,
Warm blankets for the frosty chill.
Together we don’t need to fear the deepest frost,
I’m satisfied…
Your heart is my compass rose,
To guide me like the stars at night,
Steering ever homeward where once I wandered lost,
I’m satisfied…

No comments:

Post a Comment